Dental implants are ideal for patients looking to fill one or more gaps in their smile caused by missing teeth. This natural-looking restoration stays firmly in place because the fixture forms a durable bond with your jawbone.
Dental implants are the only restoration that reverses the damage caused missing teeth because they stimulate healthy jawbone growth and hold your remaining natural teeth in place.
Placing the implant fixture is a minor surgical procedure performed by Dr. Stockdale in our office. As soon as your body is fully adjusted to the implant fixture, you’ll return to our office so he can place your porcelain crown.
Dental implants are the healthiest smile replacement option for restoring damaged or missing teeth. If you’re missing two or more teeth, talk to Dr. Stockdale about our custom dental implant solutions.
When the missing teeth are adjacent to one another, Dr. Stockdale may elect to use a partial bridge. To do this, he’ll use two or more dental implants to secure a single attractive dental prosthetic.
As with single tooth implants, the procedure is completed over the course of two office visits.
Have you been searching for a new smile that looks, feels, and functions naturally? Full-arch dental implants offer the stability that traditional dentures can’t while maintaining an attractive appearance for your smile.
Dr. Stockdale features full-arch restorations from All-on-4®. With this revolutionary full-arch restoration, you’ll leave our office with an attractive, fully functional temporary prosthetic after just one office visit.
Once the healing process is complete, you’ll return to our office so Dr. Stockdale can place your permanent and beautiful prosthetic.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is an implant better than a bridge to replace a single tooth?
A dental bridge is an artificial tooth that is held in place by dental crowns on the adjacent teeth. This process can usually be completed in two visits and is initially less expensive than dental implants.
However, while a dental bridge may appear to be the more convenient and affordable single-tooth replacement option in the short term, the long-term benefits of dental implants make them a far superior option for most patients. Here are just a few of the many advantages of dental implants when compared to bridges:
- Dental implants are permanent and can last a lifetime. Dental bridges need to be replaced every 7-10 years. Over time, the cost of replacing bridges can exceed the cost of dental implants.
- Because implants are permanent, patients never need to worry about the inconvenience of having them replaced.
- Dental implants are the only form of tooth restoration that actively prevents jaw bone loss.
What are the benefits of dental implants compared to dentures?
There are so many reasons you might prefer dental implants over dentures for your smile restoration needs! The main advantages of dental implants compared to dentures are:
- Dental implants are permanent.
- Dental implants look and act like your natural teeth.
- Unlike dentures, dental implants can prevent jaw bone loss. Dentures can actually accelerate bone loss.
- Implants don’t need to be removed for cleaning.
- Implants don’t require messy adhesives.
- Dental implants will never slip out of place.
- Implant recipients don’t need to worry about the discomfort and embarrassment of ill-fitting dentures.
With our implant-supported dentures, you can have the best of both restorations. We can affix a complete arch of teeth to your dental implants for a stunning, permanent finish.