An Implant Solution For Every Patient
Tooth loss (edentulism) is a common issue that affects over 178 million Americans, but not every case of tooth loss is alike. Some patients are missing only one tooth, while others may be missing entire arches of teeth. If you’re looking for implant solutions that suit you in the Rancho Cucamonga area, look no further.
At Renaissance Dental Care, Dr. Stockdale offers a variety of implant solutions to meet your individual oral health needs. Read our friendly guide to learn more about our implant solutions.
The Benefits of Implant Solutions
When you look at the pros and cons of each restorative option, dental implants offer the most benefits including the following:
- Dental implant solutions fuse to the jawbone in a process called osseointegration. This helps prevent tooth loss-related health issues such as jawbone deterioration (resorption) and gum disease.
- Our restorations are custom-made to look, feel, and function just like natural teeth.
- We have implant solutions available that can save time and money for patients who have experienced nearly complete or complete tooth loss.
- Getting your customized implant solution is often completed over the course of no more than two or three office visits.
Single Tooth Restoration
For patients who are missing one tooth or several teeth in spread-out areas of their smile, Dr. Stockdale recommends a single implant topped with a porcelain crown restoration. Your crown will be customized to look like your surrounding teeth and installed through a minor surgical procedure.
Multiple Tooth Restoration
For patients who are missing multiple adjacent teeth, Dr. Stockdale recommends an implant-supported bridge. Implant-supported bridges restore multiple teeth in a row with support from an implant on each end.
Unlike traditional bridges, implant-supported bridges don’t rely on your surrounding healthy teeth for support. This prevents the need for healthy teeth to be reshaped and crowned, reducing the risk of infection and decay. Using an implant-supported bridge will save you time and money compared to replacing every missing tooth with a singular implant.
All-on-4 Full Arch Restoration
For patients who are missing most or all of their teeth, Dr. Stockdale recommends full arch restoration with an All-on-4® treatment. All-on-4 replaces all of the teeth in an arch with one restoration in the form of a permanent denture. This restoration will be attached to only four implants, saving you more time and money than single tooth implant restorations would.
Unlike traditional dentures, your All-on-4 full arch restoration will stay firmly in your mouth without adhesive or suction. It will also prevent resorption and doesn’t need to be taken out for cleanings. All-on-4 makes efficient use of your existing jawbone structure, eliminating the need for supplemental procedures like bone grafting and sinus lifts.
When we install your implants, you’ll be given a set of life-like, temporary dentures to wear until your healing process is complete. Then, you’ll return and we’ll install your permanent, custom-made restoration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is an implant better than a bridge to replace a single tooth?
A dental bridge may appear to be the more convenient and affordable single-tooth replacement option in the short term. However, the long-term benefits of dental implants make them a far superior option for most patients. Here are just a few of the many advantages of dental implants when compared to bridges:
- Dental implants are permanent and can last a lifetime. Dental bridges need to be replaced every 7-10 years. Over time, the cost of replacing bridges can exceed the cost of dental implants.
- Because implants are permanent, patients never need to worry about the inconvenience of having them replaced.
- Dental implants are the only form of tooth restoration that actively prevents jaw bone loss.
- Dental implants don’t rely on the alteration of your healthy adjacent teeth to replace a missing tooth.
What are the benefits of dental implants compared to dentures?
The main advantages of dental implants compared to dentures are:
- Permanent restoration
- Look and act like your natural teeth
- Prevent jaw bone loss
- Don’t need to be removed for cleaning
- Don’t require messy adhesives
- Will never slip out of place
- Prevents the discomfort and embarrassment of ill-fitting dentures
With our implant-supported dentures, you can have the best of both restorations. We can affix a complete arch of dentures to your dental implants for a stunning, permanent finish.
Is it better to replace multiple missing teeth with several single tooth implants?
If you’re missing a connected section of teeth, it’s usually better to rely on an implant-supported partial bridge or full arch restoration than several single-tooth dental implants for the following reasons:
- A connected section of replacement teeth can be reliably supported by fewer posts, allowing for a less invasive procedure.
- The methodical spacing of these posts will still provide the essential stimulation your jawbone needs to promote healthy cell growth.
- A multiple tooth implant-supported restoration is also less expensive per replaced tooth than multiple single-tooth dental implants.
Dr. Stockdale will help you determine the ideal dental implant solution to beautifully restore your complete smile.
Am I too old for dental implants?
You’re never too old to replace missing teeth with dental implant restorations. As long as you have adequate overall oral health and a sufficiently dense jawbone, you should be a candidate for dental implants.
If your jawbone has deteriorated since the loss of your teeth, supplemental procedures are available to augment your bone density and improve your candidacy for dental implants. Find out how we can help you by scheduling your consultation at Renaissance Dental Care at (909) 297-1921.
Find Your Implant Solution With Dr. Stockdale
If you have one or more missing teeth and are looking to restore your smile, look no further. At Renaissance Dental Care, Dr. Stockdale offers implant solutions to patients in the Rancho Cucamonga, CA area as well as the surrounding areas including Riverside, San Bernardino, and Diamond Bar, CA.
Call our Rancho Cucamonga office at (909) 297-1921 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Stockdale. You can also fill out our online contact form below and one of our staff will get back to you promptly. We look forward to helping you enjoy a complete smile again with our implant solutions!